Monday, December 21, 2009

Beijing Children's Bookstore


I spend a lot of time looking at different bookstores. When I travel I check out the stores wherever I am. I also look at bookstores online, partially because I find it enthralling and partially to determine things I should take into consideration when opening my own bookstore. I found this one online last month.
It's located in Beijing and has some of the most modern, incredible architecture you would put in a store. There are all these circles in different nooks for children to climb into and read. It got me to thinking, what if you made a children's bookstore that was also a jungle gym? It would be a mixture of Smart Play USA and Barnes and Noble. I imagine you would have to have all of the tubes and such transparent so you could constantly watch what the kids were doing. Otherwise you may have a tremendous amount of books ruined. Perhaps they also may not actually read but rather just run around. I don't know. Either way, it would be an interesting niche for a bookstore. It may encourage children to read since they would view it as more fun.

1 comment:

  1. This book store looks like something out of a clockwork orange.

    ReplyDelete