Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Likeness by Tana French


This is her second book; it continues with the character Cassie Maddox from "In the Woods." It is also a murder mystery but starts out very slow. The action is more psychological in nature than physical throughout the majority of the story. The characters fight with words and knowledge rather than throwing fists until about 3/4s of the way into it.

I generally am terrible at guessing who the murderer is in every book. I am always dead wrong. I tend to go with the person the author tries to point you to which is not the real killer 99% of the time. However, with this book, I knew it all the way through. There were times that French made me question my assumption but overall, this one person was guilty from Chapter 1. The questions were only how and why.

It was not as good as her first novel which was an edge-of-your-seat-everyone-seems-guilty type of mystery. I still found it entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment